Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Joy of Motherhood

Well today I made it out for half of my errands. In the grocery store my sweet child decided he was bored. So to remedy this he banged his head on the shopping cart and started to cry, very loudly. After 5 minutes I unhooked him and he miraculously calmed down. Apparently he was bored and needed something to do. We make it home and I put him down for a nap. That was not what he wanted. I guess children actually like to eat..whoops! ;-D During lunch I began to perform for him. I sung all of Maria's part from West Side Story and continued with other Broadway leading soprano songs. He LOVED it. It is days like this when I realize I don't need theatre. I have my son! He is the most appreciative audience. If I hit a wrong note, he doesn't care. If I slip and fall on my face, he thinks it is hysterical. Children are the best audience. He should be sleeping by now, not that I am going to check. A watched child never slumbers. I love being a mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment