Monday, January 4, 2010

A New Adventure

I embarked on a new adventure today. I am learning how to sew. It is terrifying and forcing me to do a few things I am not too fond of: slowing down and paying complete attention to detail. I made an apron. It is a start. I would like to start making my own clothes. After a wonderful lunch in Sacramento, Dave Alex, and I went to the mall to return an item. Being me I wanted to cruise the mall a bit. Cruise we did. I looked at clothes and was horrified. There is nothing nice or beautiful about them. Everything is boxy, drab, mannish, and sluttish. I don't understand fashion at all. Why do we wear this ugly clothing? The clothes do not make one beautiful or feminine in the least. I wish there were designers who understood that women need to look feminine. We need to look lovely. That is my main reason for wanting to make my own clothes. I have control over what I wear. I can make myself look lovely for my husband and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment